The Bachelor of Education programme, generally known as B.Ed., is a professional course offered for those interested in pursing career in teaching & it prepares teachers for upper primary or middle level (classes VI-VIII), secondary (classes IX-X) and senior secondary (classes XI-XII) levels.
- The B.Ed. course is of two academic years. There shall be 200 teaching days in college and 40 days practice of teaching in nearby secondary schools for every trainee.
Eligibility criteria for students:
- As per NCTE norms, a candidate should have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate at B.A. / B.Sc. / B. Com.
- Degree examination or Master degree from any recognized university.
- A relaxation of 5% is granted to the candidate belonging to reserved categories namely SC, ST, Physically Handicapped, and Minority etc.
Length of course:
- The course is of one academic year duration, starting from 15 Oct. There shall be at least 150 teaching days in a year exclusive every trainee shall be required to undergo internship-in-teaching (including practice teaching and skill development) for at least 40 days in nearly secondary/senior secondary school.